One of the fundamental ways of playing on your Nintendo Switch, here’s how you connect your Nintendo Switch controllers.
The Nintendo Switch is a console that gives you a lot of freedom about playing either on the go or at home. Its Joy-Con controllers offer different ways of playing that truly set them apart from Xbox and PlayStation controllers.
You’ll want to get set up with connecting your Joy-Cons to your Nintendo Switch first.
How to Connect Joy-Cons to Your Nintendo Switch
Connecting your Joy-Cons to the Nintendo Switch is required to do anything on it, provided you haven’t got a Pro Controller. The default way of connecting the Joy-Cons is to slide them onto the console on either side. They should connect automatically this way.
You can also connect your Joy-Cons to the Nintendo Switch wirelessly in a few simple steps:
- On the Switch Home menu, go to Controllers.
- Navigate to Change Controller Grip/Order.
- Press the Sync button on the Joy-Cons you’re trying to connect to the Nintendo Switch.
- When the controllers sync up to the Nintendo Switch, press A.
You should now have connected and synced your Joy-Cons to the Nintendo Switch. This works for as many Joy-Cons connecting to the console as you need, up to four pairs. You’ll want to make sure you know how to update your Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons to ensure that they consistently work correctly.
How to Connect Pro Controllers to the Nintendo Switch
While the Joy-Cons are a great device, you may want the more traditional feel to gaming with a ‘normal’ controller type. Connecting your Pro Controller to the Nintendo Switch can be done in multiple ways.
To connect your Pro Controller to the Nintendo Switch, do this:
- Plug a USB-C cable (preferably the one that came with your Pro Controller) into your Switch’s dock.
- Connect your Pro Controller to the USB-C cable while the Switch is inserted into the dock.
The controller should automatically connect allowing you to play in a way you’re more familiar with. To connect your Pro Controller to the Nintendo Switch wirelessly, follow these steps:
- On the Switch home menu, go to Controllers.
- Navigate to Change Controller Grip/Order
- Press the Sync button on the Pro Controller you’re trying to connect to your Switch.
- When the controller has synced up to the console, press A.
Your Pro Controller should now be connected to your Switch.
Use the Nintendo Switch Controller That Suits You
The Switch gives you free rein over the way you want to game. On the go or at home, with Joy-Cons or the Pro Controller, you can enjoy many titles, including big hitters such as Breath of the Wild.
The freedom over gaming experience is just one of many reasons why you should buy a Switch, but there are many more that highlight the quality of the console.
Read the full article here