Peacock’s audio descriptions make its best content accessible to anyone. Here’s how you can use this feature on mobile and the web.
Audio descriptions are an excellent tool for those who are visually impaired or otherwise wish to hear verbal accounts of what is happening on screen. The streaming platform Peacock has audio descriptions available for both paid subscription holders as well as free account holders.
While audio descriptions may not be available for all titles, the majority of Peacock Originals are audio description enabled. Audio descriptions are only available in English on the Peacock platform.
Continue reading to learn how to turn audio descriptions on many different platforms.
How to Enable Audio Descriptions on Peacock (Mobile)
Peacock indicates movies and episodes of shows that feature audio descriptions with an AD))) icon next to the title, as shown in the image above.
Once you locate a title you wish to watch, you will need to take a few steps to turn on the descriptive audio setting.
To enable audio descriptions on Peacock’s mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Peacock app on your mobile device and log in to your account if you need to.
- Select the title you wish to view.
- Once the content begins playing, select the Audio and Subtitle icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the English AD option from the audio choices.
If you wish to turn off the audio description setting, use the same menu to select the language of your choice without the AD icon.
If you can’t find the title you want on Peacock with audio descriptions, try other streaming services. For instance, you can find great content with audio descriptions on Netflix.
How to Enable Audio Descriptions on Peacock (Smart TVs)
Watching Peacock on your smart TV is extremely easy to do. Moreover, the TV app also lets you use audio descriptions on any available title. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the Peacock app on your smart TV.
- Play the title you wish to watch.
- Select the Audio and Subtitle icon at the bottom of the playback window.
- Choose the English AD option from the audio choices.
How to Enable Audio Descriptions on Peacock (Browser)
If you are using a desktop or laptop computer to watch Peacock, you will need to use these steps to disable or enable audio descriptions:
- Go to peacocktv.com in a web browser.
- Select the show or movie you would like to watch.
- Once the title begins playing, use the playback window menu to select Audio and Subtitle in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Choose the English AD option from the menu.
A checkmark will appear to the left of the currently selected audio setting, which helps you determine which option is active.
Get More Out of Peacock With Audio Descriptions
Audio descriptions can add richness to the streaming experience by providing detailed explanations of what is happening on screen. With Peacock, they are easy to turn on or off through the mobile app, a smart TV, or a desktop.
Read the full article here