No Halloween celebration is complete without these cute-and-creepy monster cookies. Made with a simple
Betty Crocker™ Sugar Cookie dough and flavored with cocoa powder, these crisp cookies are delicious all on their own. And once sandwiched together with tinted Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting and decorated with sanding sugar and candy eyeballs, they’re downright irresistible.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 mins
(17.5-oz.) package Betty Crocker™ Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/3 c.
plus 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp.
- 1/2 c.
(1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
(16-oz.) can Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting
Blue, red, and green food coloring, Betty Crocker™ Candy Eyeballs, and Betty Crocker™ 4-Cell Sugars, for decorating
- Step 1
Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk Betty Crocker™ Sugar Cookie Mix, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar. Add butter and egg and mix with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until a dough forms and no dry spots remain. It will seem dry at first, but keep mixing and it will come together.
- Step 2On a large cutting board, roll dough until 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick. Using a 3″ round cookie cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Do not remove rounds from cut dough. Refrigerate dough 20 minutes before peeling away scraps. Reroll scraps to cut out more rounds.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 350º. Arrange rounds on prepared sheet, spacing 1″ to 2″ apart.
- Step 4 Bake cookies until centers are set and edges are crisp, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Step 5Separate Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting into 3 bowls, then color with blue, red, and green food coloring.
- Step 6Place a generous spoonful of green frosting on bottom of a cookie. Top with another cookie, angling the edge upward to push some frosting out like a bubble. Place 1 to 3 Betty Crocker™ Candy Eyeballs into widest part of frosting. Holding the cookie, spoon or sprinkle green Betty Crocker™ decorating sugar over frosting. Repeat with other frosting colors and matching sugars. Refrigerate leftover cookies.
- Step 1
Source link here