Subscribe
Home Life Gross video shows maggots in McDonald’s sauce dispenser

Gross video shows maggots in McDonald’s sauce dispenser

by Staff
0 comment

More like retch-up.

A UK mother was not loving it after she reportedly discovered maggots wriggling about in the sauce dispenser at a McDonald’s. A Facebook video of the gross discovery in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, is currently eliciting mass vomiting online.

“Don’t use the sauce pumps in McDonald[‘s] high street Cheltenham,” Carly Ormerod, 34, warned in the caption to the clip depicting the condiment-colonizing critters, which she uploaded on Sept. 1.

The “disgusting” discovery occurred while the hairdresser was treating her 11-year-old daughter Inde and her friend to some lunch at the Golden Arches, Kennedy News reported. She realized something was awry after the schoolgirl went to fill a container of BBQ sauce.

“My daughter and her friend went to get some sauce from the spout, and her friend noticed the maggots. I’d say there were about 30 to 40,” an aghast Ormerod said. “There were flies and maggots up there, and they must have been up there for some time for them to breed like that.”

“Don’t use the sauce pumps in McDonald[‘s] high street Cheltenham,” Carly Ormerod, 34, warned the public in her Facebook post.
Kennedy News and Media
The maggots were filmed writing about in the sauce dispenser.
The maggots were filmed writhing about in the sauce dispenser.
Kennedy News and Media

The resultant clip shows the clear plastic spout of the dispenser, which is brimming with squirming white maggots like an incubation tube that a scientist would use to breed fruit flies.

Ormerod said she wondered if the machines “do get cleaned” as “a lot of the sauce in there was quite dried.”

“Because most of the restaurants are 24 hours, I expected they’d get refilled constantly,” the nauseated parent said, adding that after observing the infestation, she dashed out of the restaurant in disgust.

Ormerod said she subsequently alerted McDonald’s employees to the disco rice invasion, whereupon they “walked over” looking “horrified” and tried to obscure customers’ views.

“They kind of swarmed the scene in a panic and didn’t want anybody to see,” the Brit explained. “All the surrounding tables saw and everyone was horrified.”

"My daughter and her friend went to get some sauce from the spout and her friend noticed the maggots. I'd say there were about 30 to 40," exclaimed an aghast Ormerod. "There were flies and maggots up there and they must have been up there for some time for them to breed like that."
“My daughter and her friend went to get some sauce from the spout, and her friend noticed the maggots. I’d say there were about 30 to 40,” exclaimed an aghast Ormerod. “There were flies and maggots up there, and they must have been up there for some time for them to breed like that.”
Kennedy News and Media
McDonald's employees reportedly rushed over in a panic to try and obscure customers' view.
McDonald’s employees reportedly rushed over in a panic to try and obscure customers’ views.
Kennedy News and Media
A post detailing the disgusting incident is currently blowing up on Ormerod's Facebook page.
A post detailing the disgusting discovery is currently blowing up on Ormerod’s Facebook page.
Kennedy News and Media

She reportedly “didn’t hang around” as she felt “quite sick” from the ordeal.

While McDonald’s didn’t initially respond to Ormerod’s complaint, they’ve since released a statement addressing the issue, Kennedy News reported.

“Food safety and hygiene is of the utmost importance to us,” a rep for the burger chain said. “We’re extremely disappointed to see that we have fallen short on this occasion.”

They added, “Our condiment area and dispensers are checked for cleanliness on a daily basis and when the matter was brought to the attention of our restaurant team we immediately took the dispensers out of action to be cleaned and sanitized.”

The fast food joint has pledged to conduct an investigation to see how the contamination occurred.

In November, a London McDonald’s was ripped online after a video appeared to show worms squirming about in the fast food outlet’s soda machine. 

Read the full article here

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Iman Hearts is one of the biggest lifestyle news and articles portals, we provide the latest news and articles about family, lifestyle, entertainment, and many more, follow us to get the latest news about what matters to you.

 

© 2022 Iman Hearts. All rights reserved. Sitemap